Friday, March 27, 2020

The Koronavirus Blues with Septerhed




In the beginning, there was a locust that swarmed over the Sahara. The deafening buzzing sound created a vortex that swirled across the plains, creating a thick black sludge. The sludge flowed into the Mediterranean Sea, swallowing all gill-bearing life. The sludge grew in size as it devastated Macedonia, then Bucharest and Belarus. Gaining speed, the sludge made a sharp left at Estonia and headed toward the Baltic Sea, where it was met by a corona discharge of luminous plasma. The brutal collision caused the sludge to shoot skyward twisting into tentacles of shimmering, gooey light. There it stayed, churning & whirling and making a cacophonous clamor. Until, one day, like a miracle, it just disappeared. The ancient mystics gave the thing a name. Thy name is Septerhed.

But seriously, dude, how are you doing?
Thanks for asking. Dishonestly? Fantastic. Every day is a ray of sunshine that brightens my existence.
Honestly? I feel dumpster fire with a hint of endless melancholy. Like if bad survived a terrible mess and was waiting for a shit-show to take over.
How many days have you been self-quarantining?
None. I've been mostly alone, but not completely. Jesus has been by my side, but he's not washing his hands at all.
When did it hit you how serious the crisis was?
When I couldn't buy TP or water. When the streets were empty. Empty shelves. When my job sent me home.
Have you had any art shows cancelled as a result?
No. Some extensions though.
What have you been doing with the downtime?
Worrying, contemplating, prepping, crying, traveling, smoking, quitting smoking, yelling, nervously smiling and IDK. As best as any 1st time pandemic person can be.
Are you not finding current events inspiring?
Not really. I was in such a bad place in 2019, it's kind of just an extension.
What's been the most challenging aspect for you?
 Finding work, money, logistics, worrying about loved ones. Figuring out what the fuck is happening every historic day.
Do you have any coping mechanisms?
 Perhaps legal stimulants, my sub-woofer and dreams of nicotine consumption. Honestly nothing is really helping me cope. I keep searching though. I will always keep searching. I will.
 What's the thing/place you wish you could go/do right now?
Hang out with Gener. As a Gener myself it's hard to not be around another one. Maybe it's best. It's all fleeting. I always think I know what I need, but my inability to catch a break and learn how to love myself ruins all. Little bits of here and there get us to the next little bit.
Okay, I'm just gonna pretend to know what a Gener is.
Have you done any binge watching, book reading' or game playing?
No. I can't focus on anything like that.
Favorite work of art in Los Angeles?
 A mural by Dr Knudson on Fountain. Best mural in L.A. Fact!
The Dr. Knudson Mural on Fountain

 What's on heavy rotation in your ear holes?
Alec Empire, Dogleg, Beneath the Massacre, Svalbard, God Mother, Tame Impala, Napalm Death, Loathe, Frontierer, Sectioned, Dan Deacon, CHRISTWVRKS, Sanction, The Jezabels, CULT LEADER, Petbrick, Jeen, Brutus, The Middle Kids, Hath.


Favorite brand of toilet paper and where to find it during an apocalypse?
Charmin. Maybe you can find it online and have it delivered by April 14th?
What's your hoarder food of choice?
Peanut butter. 
What brand though?
Natural. Any brand, I think.
I had to scour my Fakebook timeline to figure this out, but I think I've known you for 7 years now. But only very recently discovered that you've had a dog this whole time.
I've had him for 11 years. It's getting toward the end though. It makes me realize the smartest thing I ever did was NOT get anyone pregnant. I can barely handle a dog. I'm a mess and selfish.
How do you think this all ends?
 With me typing this: "THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!"
Good talk, bro!


Hey, kids, head over to the Septerhed site and buy some art!















No comments:

Post a Comment