Friday, November 2, 2012

Art Pick of the Week: Isabel Samaras at Varnish Fine Art


Yes Angelenos, I'm picking a show in San Francisco. But hey, it's really not that far away, and who wouldn't want to spend half a dozen hours driving up the lovely I-5? Okay, forget I said that, hop on a plane. It's the incomparable Isabel Samaras after all! This show features a slew of new work alongside a batch of old favorites, which provides gallery-goers the opportunity to glimpse the span of her impressive career so far.

I've made no secret of my adoration of this artist, so it's really a no brainer choice for me. I had the honor of talking to her about the show (and other stuff) last week for Cartwheel. You can read the interview here.

'Making a Better Yesterday Today'
opens Nov. 3, 2012 and runs through Dec. 15, 2012

Varnish Fine Art
16 Jessie Street, #C120
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415)433-4400






photos courtesy of Isabel Samras and Varnish Fine Art

No comments:

Post a Comment